Jocelyn & Daniela at the Pacific

7.18.2010

the CYST



Its been a traumatic few days here in dry Utah country.

My butt cyst came back. Scientific name, pilonidal cyst. It is not a glamorous or 'cool' injury. Well it kept getting worse and worse until we were camping at Bryce Canyon (beautiful) with Andreas, Peter and Joe. By then it hurt so bad that I was popping Daniela's Oxy just to go to sleep. When I woke up the next morning by the posterior throbbing, I was relieved to know it was the day of my doctors visit.

I got a ride into Penguitch, 25 miles away, hugged Peter and Andreas goodbye and went to see the doctor. The next few hours were the most painful few I've ever experienced. Doctor Tim was a huge jerk and had the guts to ask me "whats your name again" in the middle of the procedure. Lets just say he put a scalpel to my rear and incised. It was a quick procedure but felt like forever. I left the office, crying like a baby, prescriptions in my hands for painkillers and antibiotics.

One of the nurses felt sorry for me because I was bawling my eyes out and all alone in this dinky town so she drove me to the pharmacy. Daniela rode in, looking fly on her wheels .
quote from Daniela : "I was sad because she was crumpled on the sidewalk"

we watched Harry Potter in our motel room, slept for a few hours and then saw a fiddle concert. That night we were visited by a stranger in the night with a little tap tap on the door. It was a man with a beard named BEN! And he was SO liminal, thresh, dynospit, cerebral, just to name a few.

We've been hanging out in Cedar city in the Holiday Inn X-Press, seeing the doctor every day, getting better slowly.

Ben set up this thing called the 'slack line' AKA the 'shag line'. We played on that for a while. Daniela beasted at it, she was the best. Better than the professionals. Except for Ben, who could 'surf'. We had a movie night, made fajitas in our room, ordered a dozen cookies from our Phil downstairs. Ate a lot of ice cream, etc etc.

Last night we went to a renaissance fest and got yelled at for trying to photograph copyrighted costumes. Then we went to an all you can eat buffet (gross). They we went to an improv show.

No comments:

Post a Comment